The planned functionality will allow the project manager to create a project, assign tasks, approximate time for a task and then dynamically generate a timeline for project. The timeline generation takes a start date for the project and then works out the start and end date for each task based on the project data and any dependencies a task might have (including the amount of after hours work). If a task slips due to unforeseen circumstances the project manager can adjust the tasks predicted time for completion and regenerate the timeline, which will take into account the adjustments.
- Task and project creation
- Timeline generation
- Task editing
- All basic UI components
- Addition of task dates to the calendar
- Improve the user interface, reduce the view complexity
- Migrate data storage from core data to a SQL database, a personal preference I prefer to use stored procedures than some of the core data queries
- Create a .csv export functionality to allow the project manager to e-mail the timeline to other staff
- Create a facility for a graphical export of the time line to allow the project manager to give a copy of the timeline to clients.
- Clean up the calendar export functionally; add event updating and custom calendar creation.